12 Angry Men is often near the top of many lists of top 100 films. However, it was not always certain that this would become the classic that it has become. This week, our guest is Dr. Phil Rosenzweig. We're going to discuss his book: Reginald Rose and the Journey of 12 Angry Men. We're going to discuss some of the inspiration behind Rose's penning of the play; his early connections with the great Rod Serling of The Twilight Zone; the casting of the film with Henry Fonda, Jack Klugman, Lee J. Cobb, E.G. Marshall, Ed Begley, etc.; the early perceptions of the film; some of the complications that it faced when it premiered; how it has become a great tool for educators; and how it continues to impact how we think of the justice system and what justice even entails. Make sure you hit the subscribe button for this one. We've got more great conversations coming out.
GUEST'S WORK (affiliate link):
Reginald Rose and the Journey of 12 Angry Men: https://amzn.to/3KeZB7F
Main website: https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
- Subscribe/follow the podcast.
- Leave a rating/comment wherever applicable.
- Visit the main website for The Neutral Ground Podcast at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/ and send me an email or leave an audio message for me with some thoughts or questions about one of our topics.
- Buy me a cup of Ko-Fi at https://ko-fi.com/theneutralgroundpodcast.
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theneutralgroundpodcast
- Any one of the above items is equally important to me. I am genuinely humbled and moved by the feedback I'm receiving, and the support that I'm getting from all of you. Thank you