The great actor/comedian Harvey Korman made a countless number of people laugh, cry, and cheer with the work that he did in movies like Blazing Saddles, History of the World: Part 1, and television shows like the Carol Burnett Show, Mama's Family, The Flintstones, and many more. He has been lauded for his work by people like Carol Burnett, Robin Williams, Whoopie Goldberg, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Betty White--and many more. However, it is his son, Christopher Korman, who gives the most important review that Harvey Korman will ever receive--that of being a loving father who supported his children. In this episode of the Neutral Ground Podcast, I am fortunate enough to speak with Christopher Korman about his book Omg! It's Harvey Korman's Son. In the book, Christopher not only makes us laugh at the various encounters that he and his father have--Pierce Brosnan and Robin Williams are two of my favorite--but Chris also tells us about his own struggles in terms of his personal health, struggling with a life-long learning disability, and how he was able to overcome many of these trials with hard work and the help of supportive parents. If you're looking for a feel-good episode with some laughs, this is it.
Chris's book: Omg! It's Harvey Korman's Son
For more information about the Foundation for Neurodiversity, use the links below. You can also contact Ally Dzelilovic, Founder and CEO.
Foundation for Neurodiversity: organization website
Inaugural Winter Gala and Fundraiser: tickets and information
- Subscribe/follow the podcast.
- Leave a rating/comment wherever applicable.
- Visit the main website for The Neutral Ground Podcast at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/ and send me an email or leave an audio message for me with some thoughts or questions about one of our topics.
- Buy me a cup of Ko-Fi at https://ko-fi.com/theneutralgroundpodcast.
- Patreon tiers with everything from shout-outs to extra content. Patreon Page
- Any one of the above items is equally important to me. I am genuinely humbled and moved by the feedback I'm receiving, and the support t --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/joemeyer/message