In this week's episode of The Neutral Ground Podcast, we discuss Dr. Duane Armitage's book: Philosophy's Violent Sacred. In the book, Armitage explores French philosopher Rene Girard's reading of religion as catharsis for the appeasement of group violent tendencies. We discuss the thesis of his book, Heidegger, and Nietzsche's will to power, postmodernism, Milton's Satan, and the concept of turning the other cheek.
Works by Duane Armitage: https://amzn.to/3JdgazW
Duane Armitage YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Duane422
Works by Rene Girard: https://amzn.to/3sliP3L
- Subscribe/follow the podcast.
- Leave a rating/comment wherever applicable.
- Visit the main website for The Neutral Ground Podcast at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/ and send me an email or leave an audio message for me with some thoughts or questions about one of our topics.
- Buy me a cup of Ko-Fi at https://ko-fi.com/theneutralgroundpodcast.
- Patreon tiers with everything from shout-outs to extra content. Patreon Page
- Any one of the above items is equally important to me. I am genuinely humbled and moved by the feedback I'm receiving, and the support that I'm getting from all of you. Thank you